Personal Assistant to Director
Love Campers is a dynamic, design-led campervan conversion company based in Newhaven, East Sussex.
The Love Campers Black and Minority Ethnic Internship is aimed at students and recent graduates from Black and minority ethnic communities who are interested in pursuing a career in business and / or the outdoors industry.
We are seeking a paid intern to work as a part-time P.A to one of our company directors. The role would suit a student with some work experience and an interest in learning about all aspects of running a small business.
This Love Campers internship is a diversity initiative targeted at students and recent graduates from Black and minority ethnic communities who are under-represented regionally, and nationally, in the outdoors industry.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. The role will be primarily remote and the hours are flexible. However we do require some visits to our workshop and so this role would be better suited to an individual within commuting distance of Newhaven.
The role is offered for six months, 10 hours per week over Monday to Friday, at a rate of £9.50 per hour.
About Love Campers
We are a fast-growing company and you will gain an insight into our daily operations and business development.
You will be supporting a Director of Love Campers with day to day admin and managing incoming customer enquiries. We are looking for a quick learner who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. The role will include:
- Monitoring and managing emails, scheduling and organising meetings.
- Liaising with suppliers and generating purchase orders.
- Working closely with a Love Campers Director to organise and host client calls, video calls and in-person meetings.
Maintaining our CRM to ensure it is as up to date as possible with customer orders.
- Helping us to develop and manage our quality control system
- Maintaining relationships with important suppliers and placing orders.
- Documenting and monitoring procedures and administrative systems.
- Maintaining the shared team calendar.
- Finance and records administration as needed.
You do not have to have experience with the outdoors or in our industry, however a wish to learn more about campervans and the outdoors industry would be an advantage. Any or all of the following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good level of IT knowledge and experience using Xero, Google Workspace and Trello
- Strong communication skills – accuracy and attention to detail is vital.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energy and enthusiasm with a keen interest to learn about business
- Ability to multitask and handle working under pressure.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 2nd July.