Ambulance campervan conversion – all the details!
Love Campers converted this vintage 1989 Ambulance not only as a special and unique show vehicle for their fleet, but also to use as their own beloved family campervan.
Having only clocked up 28,000 miles in its time as a serving ambulance, the vehicle in in pristine condition with it’s original paintwork being preserved under storage for decades. The exceptional vehicle even came with lots of original features, including a first aid kid, heater and Million Mile engine MO616, considered to be one of the most reliable engines ever produced.
Ambulance Campervan interior design elements
- We really went to town with the interior with an interior inspired by classic boats, The cupboard fronts and lining are of birch ply, in a style inspired by classic boats. The camper contains a rear fixed bed, a lower bed that can also be used as a child’s den, and a garage for bikes and camping gear. There is also an extra storage area with further security at the rear.
- The stylish kitchen contains a retro coffee machine by Lily, Thetford oven, grill and three-burner hob, plus a large Dometic fridge and copper-coloured sink with oak worktops. There is also an external gas hook-up for a BBQ.
- The cabinetry is made from lightweight poplar ply carcasses and hard-wearing birch ply frontage, while the dining area is also made using birch ply and oak.
- The campervan has solar panels, a lithium battery and a powerful inverter, enabling the Munday family to charge their electric skateboards, bikes and laptops completely off-grid. The camper is also lined with Thermafleece, a natural fibre insulation made from sheep’s wool and recycled fibres.
- There is a comfy and spacious lounge area with a dining table, towards the front of the van. The van has two factory sun-roofs.
- There are high cupboards along the length of the van as well as further cupboard space in the kitchen area and under the sink.
- The kitchen has a feature copper-coloured sink and oak worktops, including an extra pullout worktop extension. The cabinetry is made from lightweight poplar ply carcasses and hard-wearing birch ply frontage, while the dining area is also made using birch ply and oak.
- The van has a powerful sound deadening lining as well as vapour barrier and insulation in thermafleece, a natural fibre insulation made from sheep’s wool and recycled fibres.
- The campervan has 800w of solar panel for the leisure system, plus an additional solar panel for the starter battery. It has two lithium batteries of 340 amp in total. It has a 2400kw victron inverter, enabling charging of electric bikes, laptops, a coffee maker and even a fan, completely off-grid. The van has versatile lighting and numerous usb charging ports.
- The van has an inbuilt powerful sound system with seven speakers including sub-woofers.
- There is a hot shower from the rear of the van (the hot water can also be powered off-grid from the inverter), which you could use together with a shower tent if you want some privacy at a festival! It can also be used for cleaning muddy boots, dogs and for outdoor showering at any time of the year.
- There is a hidden portaloo inside one of the seats in the lounge area behind the front seats. This could be removed and placed inside a toilet tent if you are camping for a period of time.
- The flooring is in hard-wearing commercial grade Forbo linoleum and the upholstery is in a stylish grey fabric.
Further questions and viewing
This special campervan is now up for sale.
Don’t hesitate to call us for further information on 01273101407 or by email via email@example.com We can give you a video tour of the van and you are welcome to visit the workshop and view in person.